The Franconia Airport is owned and operated by the Franconia Soaring Foundation. The airport has become a popular destination for soaring … sailplane rides and lessons are available from late May through October.
The towns of Franconia, Sugar Hill and Easton are increasingly popular vacation destinations just "North of the Notch" and less than 20 minutes from the White Mountain National Forest. Numerous outdoor activities may be found in the area including hiking, camping, biking and snowmobiling. Top-notch inns and B&Bs are located throughout the area as well.
Other Interesting Area Information …
- Franconia Airport is the closest general aviation airport to Cannon Mountain a popular ski resort owned and operated by the State of New Hampshire.
- Franconia was home to the great American poet Robert Frost. Many of Frost's poems about life in rural New England were drawn from his time living in Franconia. His home, located in Franconia, is now the Robert Frost Museum.
- If you enjoy antiquing, Franconia, Sugar Hill and nearby Bethlehem provide excellent opportunities to make great finds.
- If you like new furniture made with days-gone-by craftsmanship there is a host of fine handmade furniture shops in Franconia, Littleton and Sugar Hill.
- The Franconia Inn has several packages that include meals and activities available at reasonable rates. Check them out at www.franconiainn.com.
- Franconia Airport Website
- Additional airport information (AirNav)
- Airport 5010 forms-Type 1B5 in the Location Identifier box