Mount Washington Regional Airport
Mount Washington Regional Airport is located in Coos County in the shadow of Mount Washington.
The airport is surrounded by the natural attractions of the region including Franconia Notch State Park and the White Mountain National Forest. Hiking, biking, golf and family activities abound in this mountain playground. The region is both rich in history and scenic beauty and fortunate to have two grand resort hotels within a 15 minute drive from the airport: The Mount Washington Hotel and the Mountain View Grand Resort. Other lodging options include motels, country inns, condominiums, cottages and campgrounds. An Automated Weather Observation System provides weather information at the airport. Popular attractions nearby include the Cog Railway, Cannon Mountain Aerial Tramway, Weeks State Park, The Flume Gorge and Clark's Trading Post. Spend a day, a week or a season getting to know the historic and scenic towns in the area.
Other Interesting Area Information …
- The Mount Washington Regional Airport has provided general aviation services in the White Mountains for over 58 years.
- Located 12 miles west of the Northeast's highest peak, the airport offers the adventure of mountain flying with the safety of a non-precision, instrument approach.
- The airport is open year-round and offers 24/7 credit card activated fuel (100LL), overnight tie-downs, a full-time FBO with on field aircraft maintenance, car rental and shuttle service (with advanced notice), a pilot's lounge (open 24 hours a day) and hangar lots.
- Supported financially by a number of North Country towns the airport is wholly owned by the Town of Whitefield and is governed by a commission of 13 members.
- The Mount Washington Regional Airport is working to prepare an Airport Master Plan Update as well as plans for a 500' runway extension and the creation of additional hangar space.