Newfound Valley Airport
Newfound Valley Airport is located in the scenic town of Bristol within the Lakes Region.
Visitors to the area will find plenty to do with the public beaches of beautiful Newfound Lake only one mile from the airport. There is also plenty of fine dining and lodging located in the immediate vicinity. To make your stay complete courtesy transportation is available if requested in advance (603-481-4159). Mount Cardigan State Park, Tenney Mountain Ski Area, Ragged Mountain and various other camping, hiking and snowmobiling trails are located nearby. Other attractions within the area include downtown Plymouth, Laconia and the Lakes Region outlets of Tilton.
Other Interesting Area Information …
- Although Newfound Valley is one of the smallest public access airports in New Hampshire it is one of the fastest growing with a newly paved runway and construction of new hangars. Plans for a paved transient tie-down area and lighting system are currently underway.
- The area accommodates outdoor and sports enthusiasts of all kinds.
- Newfound Lake lies only one mile away. This water body which some say is among the cleanest in the world is 4,106 acres in size and considered one of the deepest lakes in New Hampshire (over 180 feet at its deepest point). The lake has several sandy beaches including Wellington State Beach where you can enjoy water sports and fishing.
- In addition to lake fishing the nearby Pemigewasset River provides excellent river fishing.
- For those who enjoy the serenity of a pristine trail New Hampshire offers plenty of excellent hiking. Over 1,200 acres of Appalachian Mountain Club owned woodland is located just 8 miles from the airport at Cardigan Mountain Lodge. An additional 50 miles of trails are offered at the adjacent State Park. Hikers of all kinds will find refuge in the hundreds of miles of trails within Franconia State Park and the White Mountain National Forest which is just a 40-minute drive from the airport.
- The winter months transform New Hampshire's mountains into a venerable paradise for skiers, snowmobilers, snowboarders and others seeking snow bound adventure. Ragged Mountain, Tenney Mountain and Cardigan Mountain are most accommodating for all winter outdoor activities and are located within 20 miles of the airport.