Portsmouth International Airport
Portsmouth International Airport is located in Portsmouth and serves New Hampshire's seacoast region.
The city of Portsmouth is a classic seacoast town dating back to the Revolutionary War and was once the capital of New Hampshire. Fortified embattlements are located along the harbor where as recently as World War II naval cannons were erected to protect the harbor from potential invasion. Organized tours of historic sea captain's homes are available. Other attractions within the airport area include Strawbery Banke which is a colonial era village, Portsmouth Submarine Base and some of the best shopping, entertainment and cultural options available in New Hampshire.
Other Interesting Area Information …
- Twenty-one businesses with more than 1,300 employees are located at the airport.
- Part of the former Pease Air Force Base the airport also includes a large business park with over 165 tenant companies as well as a 27-hole golf course.
- The airport's long runway and Federal Inspection Facilities make it a perfect point of entry or exit for corporate jet operators flying to Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
- Cargo facilities and two full service FBOs are available at Portsmouth International Airport.
- Portsmouth International is home to the New Hampshire Air National Guard's KC-135 aerial refueling squadron.
- The airport has facilities to accommodate all levels of airline service from regional/commuter airlines to international charters and scheduled operators.
- Portsmouth International Airport is located just off I-95, the country's major north-south corridor, providing excellent highway access to Boston, Providence, New York City, Philadelphia and Washington, DC.