Twin Mountain Airport
Twin Mountain Airport is located in Coos County off scenic US Route 302.
The airport is a small but popular tourist destination. It is a quaint family owned and operated airport adjacent to the White Mountain National Park. As the highest elevated airport in New Hampshire, Twin Mountain offers picturesque views of Mount Washington and the surrounding White Mountains. Local restaurants, motels and shops are within walking distance of the airport. Information on the area is provided at the terminal building. Car rentals are also available.
Other Interesting Area Information …
- The airport is conveniently situated at the gateway to the White Mountains.
- The area is abundant with natural beauty including Franconia Notch, Crawford Notch, White Mountain National Park, Indian Head and the scenic Kancamagus Highway.
- Historic grand hotels are nearby including The Mount Washington and the Mountain View Grand hotels.
- Nearby are several amusement parks including Whale's Tale Water Park, Clark's Trading Post and Santa's Village.
- The area offers much in the way of winter sports including skiing at Cannon Mountain, skiing as well as cross country skiing and snowmobiling at Bretton Woods.
- Summer sports in the area include hiking trails, golf courses, campgrounds, horseback riding and fishing.
- Nearby is the Cog Railway which is the oldest climbing train in the world that brings you on an adventure to the summit of Mount Washington.