Eileen P. Meaney, Chief Communications Officer
Traffic Control Plans for NASCAR Race on July 18, 2021
Race to be held at NH Motor Speedway in Loudon, NH
The New Hampshire Department of Transportation (NHDOT), in partnership with local officials, New Hampshire Department of Safety Division of State Police (NHSP), and New Hampshire Motor Speedway (NHMS), will implement a comprehensive traffic control plan on Sunday, July 18, 2021 for up to 36,000 spectators and 13,600 vehicles expected to attend the NASCAR Cup Series Race at the NHMS racetrack in Loudon, NH. Please note the race starts at 3:00 pm, with the period of maximum traffic congestion expected to occur in the late afternoon and early evening hours.
Traffic control measures planned for the July 18, 2021 race impact NH Route 106, I-393, and I-93 include:
- The I-393 eastbound off ramp to I 93 south will be closed from approximately 3:15 pm to 9:15 pm. Motorists attempting to use the ramp will be diverted to Stickney Avenue from which they can access I-93 south at Exit 14.
- The I-93 Exit 14 southbound off ramp to Loudon Road and the I-93 Exit 15E southbound off ramp to I-393 eastbound will be closed from approximately 3:15 pm to 9:15 pm. Motorists will be directed to use Exit 15W to reach Exit 14 destinations and use Exit 16 to reach I-393 eastbound.
- At the I-393 and I-93 interchange, the I-93 northbound off ramp to I-393 west (Exit 15W) will be closed from approximately 3:15 pm to 9:15 pm.
NH 106 Corridor
- On the morning of 7/18/2021, NH Route 106 will include two northbound lanes and one southbound lane from just north of NH Route 129 to the intersection with Beck Road. A third northbound lane will be added from Beck Road northerly to the NHMS South Gate. Left turns from NH Route 106 will be prohibited at the following intersections: Mudgett Hill Road, Voted Road, and Clough Hill Road.
- Between 3:00 pm and approximately 8:00 pm, NH Route 106 will be configured with multiple southbound lanes and one northbound lane. During this time, NH Route 106 will have two southbound travel lanes from the NHMS Main Gate to the NHMS South Gate. Two additional southbound lanes will be added to receive exiting traffic from the NHMS South Gate. The four southbound lanes will continue on NH Route 106 to the intersection with Beck Road where traffic will merge to three lanes. The three southbound lanes will continue to the intersection with Soucook Lane and merge to two lanes. From there, two lanes southbound will be provided on NH 106 south to I-393 in Concord. Access to NH Route 106 from the following roads will be restricted to right turns only: Soucook Lane, Brook Circle, Tote Road, Shaker Road, Beck Road, Mudgett Hill Road, Voted Road, and Clough Hill Road.