Materials & Research
Bureau of Materials and Research - Resources that Support NHDOT Projects
The Bureau of Materials and Research provides oversight of the Department’s materials testing/acceptance program, furnishes design bureaus with recommendations for geotechnical foundations and pavement rehabilitation treatments; administers the Department of Transportation’s research program; maintains the Qualified Products List and rock slope management program; collects subsurface and pavement condition data; and performs condition assessments on bridge decks and structural steel coatings.
The Bureau of Materials and Research includes four major sections:
- Materials Technology Section
- Pavement Management Section
Have a general question? Please call us at (603) 271-3151.
Have a specific question? Contact information for Bureau personnel can be found here.
Interested in working with us? Please contact Human Resources to learn about current job openings
Engineering and Technical Information
- Qualified Products
- Qualified Suppliers 2023 Qualified Asphalt Binder Supplier List
- Published June 2, 2023
- Asphalt binder suppliers wishing to be added to the Qualified Binder Supplier List must meet the requirements of AASHTO R26. The supplier's proposed Quality Control Plan may be submitted to Joseph R. Blair, P.E.
- Statewide Resurfacing
- Paving Program
- Construction Forms
- Materials Quality Assurance