Available Fuels and Fuel System
Types of different fuels that are available in NH.
- Unleaded Gasoline: Available at strategically located sites. Please see our list of fuel site addresses and statewide map for locations.
- Reformulated 87 Octane - 10% Ethanol blend within the Counties of Merrimack, Strafford, Rockingham, and Hillsborough.
- Conventional 87 Octane - throughout the remaining counties of the state.
- Diesel Fuel:
- Premium Additive Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel - available at all NHDOT Fuel Distribution locations
- Winter Premium Diesel Fuel:
- October 1 to December 14th - Ultra low sulfur additive premium winter diesel with temperature protection characteristics that meet or exceed + 8° F cloud points.
- December 15th to March 14th - Ultra low sulfur additive premium winter diesel with temperature protection characteristics that meet or exceed -5° F cloud points.
- Bio Diesel: Available at our Durham location (UNH)
- B-20 Biodiesel formulated for NHDOT utilizes premium ultra-low sulfur #2 blend stock on a year around basis.
- Additive winter premium biodiesel - Seasonal cloud point specifications below:
- October 1st to December 14th - "B-20 fuel delivered" with a required cloud point that meets or exceeds + 8° F cloud point
- December 15th to March 14th - "B-20 fuel delivered" with a required cloud point that meets or exceeds - 5° F cloud point
- March 15th to September 30th - "B-20 fuel delivered" with a required cloud point that meets or exceeds + 20° F cloud point.
- Compressed Natural Gas (CNG): Available at our Durham location (UNH) and by arrangement with three (3) third party sites located in Concord and Nashua. Please contact for coordination.
- Fast fill station for those who need this type of fuel.
- Automated: The operation of an Automated Fueling System uses encoded Vehicle Tags and Driver Personal Identification Numbers (PINs) to activate the fuel pumps, fuel is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week for our customers. The terminal requires that you select a pump to be able to fuel, use both a tag and PIN, and enter an odometer reading (or hours if requested) to refuel vehicles and equipment. Please see our Document library for the Tag & Driver Authorization Process file for specific directions.